Thursday 28 November 2013

Handprint tree...the start of!

We decorated Wilson's room a while ago and had planned to put a tree on the chimney breast wall and fill it with the hands prints of our family to look like leaves. I decided to just go for it after months of thinking about it! 
Firstly I used masking tape to out line the shape of a tree because I am in no way artistic and could not draw a pretty tree by hand. 
I taped off the areas to make a square-ish tree, like this...

 
I love working with masking tape, I love that it can look so messy and then the tape reveals perfect lines and it looks so neat!

Next step was to paint. I used a sample pot of chocolate brown paint which cost about £1 - this is a super low budget task. 

Wilson went for a nap and when he woke up it was time to do my favourite bit, pulling the tape off!!!!

Here is how it looks now...

It's not amazing but it's cute, unique and personal to us. I think it will look lovely with our hand prints plastered all over. The rest of the room is painted with horizontal stripes in lots of different fun colours (which we created using sample pots and left over paints from other rooms), so we are going to use the bits of paint we have left over to create the hand print leaves!
I'm so excited to get it finished now, but you will have to wait to see the end result :) 

Jade x

No comments:

Post a Comment