Wednesday 29 January 2014

Salsa!!

Ric served his mission in America and they love Mexican food there so I had go at making some salsa for him. 

I made it when the Elders were coming for dinner ( to remind them of home!!) and actually ended up making a complete fool of myself getting chilli in my eye when trying to put a little concealer on before they arrived and having to stand over the kitchen sink for 30mins whilst I cried and tried to soak my eyes in water! I was having a conversation with then from the kitchen sink and telling them all to eat up and apologising for my foolishness and hopefully it was worth it for some good tasting salsa! They said it was so here is my recipe to try for yourself :)

5 x tomato, deseeded and chopped into small chunks
1 x green chilli, dressed and chopped (be sure to wash your hands before rubbing your eyes!!)
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 white or red onion, chopped (which ever you prefer)
A handful of fresh coriander (cilantro if any American reads this and don't have a better recipe, but I'm sure you do and if so please share ;)


I love my Jamie Oliver knives, good knives are definitely worth investing in!

 
I find it easiest to add all the ingredients to a jug as it needs to be whizzed with a blender or put into a food processor. You can make it without one of these but you will need to do some super fine chopping and it might not have the same consistency, but it will still taste yum!


 And there it is, super easy, healthy and definitely worth buying some Doritos for!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment